Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Goals Check-in: December


Here's my end-of-the-month wrap-up regarding my 2013 goals:


Self-Care
Rather less of this in December -- there was a lot to get done. My wife and I sat down with an adult adoptee in our extended circle and discussed some major issues surrounding ethical adoption. I did get the opportunity to spend time with little kids, which is a good thing. And I saw THREE movies!

Minimize

garbage bags of trash (aside from our usual household output) and a LOT of cardboard recycling
3 boxes to Out of the Closet

Divested the apartment of a bookcase for my little sister. Decluttered the office. Again.

Used up more wrapping paper (ribbon, tissue, gift bags).


Spend Time and Money Wisely

Splurged a little before starting a big budget project in 2014.

Notable transactions:
  • spiral-sliced half ham at $1.99/lb
  • $5 movie - twice
  • baaaaaby clothes (completely irrationally, I admit)

Keep Learning
I learned that greywater runoff (and its assorted contaminants) is not good for watering root veggies or anything edible right at ground height. We'd want to use greywater for tomatoes, pole beans, and flowers -- not for carrots or squash.

Selected things I Googled: caves of narog, dramatic groundhog, especially good at expectorating, file bug report opera, gummy spider, list of page errors 404, rhubarb barbara, robin sparkles: let's go to the mall, uncle sam threatening, usps letter rate


Try New Things

Um, we're touring houses to buy. That's new.

Crossed off 2 things on my 101 List
  • 17. Max out my IRA allowed contributions for at least one year
  • 67. Make a Year in Pictures album

Track Accomplishments
January
February
March

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be civil to other commenters.