Monday, September 30, 2013

Goals Check-in: September


Here's my end-of-the-month wrap-up regarding my 2013 goals:


Self-Care
I cried at a lot of mushy stuff, like these tearjerker commercials.

CUTENESS:



When I explained to my wife how much I hate to be kept waiting for her on Date Night, she skipped stopping by the house first and met me on time, and we had a very nice evening.

Hung out for an hour with a couple of young children and their mom and played dress-up (alternating with talking about future parenting paths). Also kept company with four young ones at a wedding (they went from strewing flower petals to sticking them to their faces with frosting).


Minimize

2 garbage bags of trash (aside from our usual household output)
4 boxes to Out of the Closet

OMG we're moving! I have a deadline for decluttering now. I took a leaf from Offbeat Home and packed up my "extra" dishes, in an effort to avoid piles of dirty dishes in the sink. A bunch of other kitchen extras were deemed unnecessary and sent packing.


Spend Time and Money Wisely

Started organizing date nights and other social outings using HowAboutWe, SFFunCheap, Goldstar, etc.

I made several library visits this month and came away with stacks of pleasure reading.

Split an entree combo with my wife, leaving both of us full with no leftovers and a smaller bill.

Notable transactions:
  • $1.99 for cute ice pop molds from IKEA - the ROI is strong!
  • $33 Groupon for house cleaning (redeemable later, maybe at moveout)
  • I dumped the coin jar into a Coinstar and got $8.85 in Amazon credit.
  • I spent way more than that on Amazon and bought bread mix in bulk.
  • $43 (including shipping) for my Halloween costume from eBay

Keep Learning
It is REALLY EASY to make applesauce in a slow cooker

I learned about some new tools at work and helped design and test another one.

Selected things I Googled: barbaric yawp, big books sale fort mason, blitz pox, company nph cast, costumes on haight, dumbledore alas earwax, find website owner, grey's anatomy tree man episode, ichabod crane ugly and plain, if she can't use your comb don't bring her home meaning, japanese pranks video, melanie american idol, osf 2014 season, patience pass it on cement, pirate parrot morty, punky colour violet, Remington TStudio Pearl, same-sex married couple tax return, spartacist, The way meat loves salt, yellow snake opens door


Try New Things

I went to a movie at the New Parkway Theater, which may become a new favorite place.

Crossed off 3 things on my 101 List
  • 68. Play hide and seek in IKEA
  • 51. Make a list of 101 things that I am grateful for
  • 55. Write something and submit it for publication

Track Accomplishments

January
February
March

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be civil to other commenters.