Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Goals check-in: April


Here's my end-of-the-month wrap-up regarding my 2013 goals:



Self-Care

Actively managed fatigue, which is better than I usually do. I got a sufficient amount of sleep most nights (minus the one literal all-nighter) and took a few time-outs (for example, while helping my folks unpack at their new house).

Minimize

2 garbage bags of trash (aside from our usual household output)
Continued to cull the wardrobe, but those bags are still sitting in the apartment, waiting for a clothing swap. Also half a box of donations waiting.
Spend Time and Money Wisely

Not sure there was a lot of this in April, other than plopping windfalls (tax returns, etc.) into savings.
In the arena of "drop everything and get this done NOW", I edited/largely recreated 2 resumes (not mine) and completed my e-portfolio.

Notable transactions:

  • Increased monthly grocery budget to see whether that would help with meal plans (it did, but it hurts the pocketbook)
  • Planned a weekly menu ahead of time and adjusted it as necessary -- that meant both my sweetie and I were on the same page when we got home from work.
Keep Learning
I learned how to get to my parents' new house. 
I learned that digital storytelling is a hot thing with libraries. 
I learned how to redeem US savings bonds (more about that later).
I learned about the origins of San Francisco street names.

Selected things I Googled: ACH savings account routing, abw file type, add a birthday hat to a picture, australian national anthem, babymoon, baba syllables classification, cash in bonds, difference between pupusa and tamale, happy birthday in hawaiian, how old is kate moss, how long does it take to get state tax refund, i want answers and a parachute, imdb smash agnes, lactose in greek yogurt,  mackinac, maury girl allergic to water, one bon-bon is poison, object permanence, punctuation marks in portuguese space, Rule of Three Scores, sugar honey osmotic dressing, The Girl Who Loved Caterpillars, tinkering with thinkering, urban parenting without extended family, zephyr cove oakland CA


Try New Things

Started making a website (from an HTML5 template).
Got a tax refund? (First time since I was a teenager, I think.)
Tried a soy-wrapped maki with cooked lobster meat.
Made a master grocery list based on our recurring household needs.
Mmmm, Greek yogurt.

Crossed off things on my 101 List (but several are lined up for completion)


Track Accomplishments

January
February
March

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be civil to other commenters.