Thursday, December 12, 2013

Food This Week 23



Today I was out in the world so much! I met coworkers for lunch (missed my direct bus, so took a different bus, a train, and a shuttle instead), came back home, and then set out for the eye doctor's a little later. I get to have laser vision correction in a few weeks, it turns out. Yay! Being able to see what (it seems like) everyone else can see! It's a present to myself. 'Tis the season, after all. This weekend is my wife's birthday; she shares it with a friend of ours, so there will be much celebrating! She always gets a separate birthday present from me -- no lumping it in with Xmas. It's driving her crazy that she can't open the box yet.

Produce Box
Oops, no picture. The box had 4 apples (definitely enough for applesauce in the house now), 2 pears, 2 oranges, broccoli, cauliflower, a bunch of carrots, a head of butter lettuce, and some cranberry beans. Those sure look interesting! Once I shelled them, though, there were only a handful. I think I'll sautee them with garlic.


Menu
Friday: leftovers, ham, broccoli; hot dogs, oven fries, cranberry beans and leftover veggies
Groceries:
  • lactose-free milk
  • almond milk
  • lemon
  • eggs
  • avocado
  • ketchup
  • chocolate instant pudding mix
  • graham cracker pie shell
  • whipped cream

Saturday: birthday brunch #1; going-away party / HOUSE TOUR
Sunday: birthday brunch #2, birthday BBQ / MOVIE
Monday: canned soup w/ grilled cheese toasts; stuffed shells / THAW TORTILLAS & TURKEY
Tuesday: leftover stuffed shells; turkey tacos
Wednesday: turkey tacos; turkey and biscuits
Thursday: tuna sandwiches, fruit; beef taco bowls


Freezer
Newly added:
  • turkey white meat
  • mole cubes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be civil to other commenters.