Thursday, November 28, 2013

Food This Week 21



Last week my coworkers and I left the office -- they're doing some major construction and we'll all be relocated until the new year. Some people will be working in a temporary office space in the city, but my team gets to work from home instead. So I am looking forward to hot lunches! I hope my hard-working wife will be able to come home to a cooked meal on frequent occasions. And, yes, I will be happy to work in my pajamas.

Produce Box

I used the sweet potatoes (6) and cranberries (not pictured) to accompany turkey dinners. The carrots will likely be used in stock (I have baby carrots for the soup - less prep) along with the onion. Green beans are always welcome! Still have to make plans for the chard. Apples (4) joined the others in the basket. It may be time for slow-cooker applesauce again, especially considering someone in my house just had dental surgery.


Menu
Friday: Thanksgiving family dinner ("real Thanksgiving") / turkey sandwich, leftovers, berry pie
Saturday: turkey sandwich, leftovers; stuffed shells
Sunday: leftover shells; soup, bread / MAKE SOUP
Groceries:
  • spiral-sliced honey ham (found a $1.99/lb sale!)
  • celery

Monday: eggs & toast; mac & cheese, green beans
Tuesday: soup, bread, fruit; pot pies / THAW SALMON
Wednesday: hot dogs, oven fries, green beans; salmon, broccoli, rice
Thursday: leftover lunch or oatmeal & fruit; split pea soup & ham? or ham and eggs?


Freezer
Newly added:
  • bacon
  • kielbasa
  • stuffed shells (using chopped spinach and shredded mozzarella that were in the chest freezer)
  • ice cream
  • turkey carcass and neck
  • sourdough bread
  • spinach-ricotta pasta sauce

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be civil to other commenters.