Friday, August 30, 2013

2014 Travel Plans

As my wife and I discussed household plans and timelines the other day, I suddenly realized that we have a lot more plans to travel next year than we usually do. I'm a major homebody, but I enjoy the vacation planning process quite a lot. Guess it's time to start working on that savings goal! And book some reservations as well, in the next couple months. I'm glad I have enough vacation time.

Here's a tentative general calendar for 2014:

January

February
conference 1 for her, San Jose

March

April
Big Vacation road trip, SF-Ashland-Seattle-Vancouver (saved for - w00t!)

May

June
"annual" weekend w/ her friends (we haven't been for the last 2 years), Palm Springs
follow-up visit with her family, Southern CA?

July
friend's birthday party, Monterey (party bus?)
conference 2 for her?, local

August
camping w/ my mom and godmother? (this was just suggested and really could be anytime during the campsite's open season)

September
second Ashland trip to see Into the Woods?
conference 3 for her, LA

October
my best friend's wedding, wine country

November
Thanksgiving Friday w/ my family, a couple hours away

December
Xmas Eve with my family
Xmas with my family? or with friends in SF?

Obviously, some of the details are still up in the air. I believe in planning ahead, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be civil to other commenters.