Thursday, October 10, 2013

Food This Week 14


Ah, serendipity! When I find myself wanting to make a meal with ingredients I don't have on hand, I add those ingredients to the "when it's on sale" grocery list. Sometimes they sit there for a while, but it reminds me to keep my eye out for a good price on those items, especially if they aren't advertised. This week, when I opened up the store flyer, I knocked off a handful of those ingredients -- one that had been there for about a month, and several that I'd recently added. Guess I can have pesto pasta, pastry, brussels sprouts, potatoes with my pot roast, and apples with peanut butter after all!

Produce Box
Decided to skip the box next week. Between being busy, being sick, and having some good produce specials at the grocery store, we need to catch up on fruits and veggies in the house.


Menu
Friday:  quesadilla, apple w/PB / chili, fruit, snacks; chicken and dumplings / MAKE CHICKEN AND DUMPLINGS / PREP ONIONS / CLEAN FRIDGE / CLEAN KITCHEN FLOOR

Groceries:
  • potatoes
  • butter
  • shredded cheese
  • brussels sprouts and maybe green beans
  • peanut butter
  • corn muffin mix
  • look for - garlic, basil (OR get jarred pesto on sale if fresh basil isn't available/too expensive)
Saturday: apple w /PB, sliced cucumber and bell pepper; chili in a bell pepper; pot roast / VISIT A FRIEND
Sunday: eggs & wheat rolls; leftover chicken and dumplings; leftovers / BUY FREEZER?? / BOIL 6 EGGS
Monday: hardboiled eggs or egg salad sandwich, fruit; pasta w/ parmesan, brussels sprouts / MAKE PUMPKIN BREAD?
Tuesday: leftovers or oatmeal, pumpkin bread; steak, baked potatoes, mixed veggies / THAW DRUMSTICKS
Wednesday: [WORK LUNCH] / leftover pot roast; mac & cheese, brussels sprouts, baked apples / DENTIST
Thursday: leftover lunch or oatmeal & fruit; sticky chicken in slow cooker, rice


Freezer
Newly added:
  • steaks
  • chicken drumsticks (several packages)
  • ground beef (raw)
  • ice cream
  • “chili” from leftovers
  • chicken tenders
  • brownies (only we've eaten them already)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be civil to other commenters.