Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Strange Search Keywords

Hack Library School, that excellent blog for LIS students, just posted their 2011 blogging stats. I'm impressed! They're definitely a popular location. (Go, check them out!)

Now, I'm just starting out on this blog, and it's a hobby I have to cram into little spaces of free time between work and school. But I do watch my traffic stats on the Blogger dashboard, and I keep an eye on which posts get the most views. One feature I hadn't noticed until last night is the Search Keywords (under the section on Traffic Sources). I guess some people are stumbling across my blog while looking for something in a search engine -- not just from the links I post to Facebook and LinkedIn.

For now, most of the search keywords that led users to click on my listing are from (presumably) other library science students: "libr 285" competency proposal and subject analysis "libr 202" head the list, and also someone's search for design and implementation of instructional strategies for information professionals. Boring stuff like that.

But the best keyword search so far?


does robert munsch pick his nose
Well. Gosh. That's a... very interesting question. And I don't know the answer! I know that Robert Munsch is the author of some of my favorite childhood stories, such as The Paper Bag Princess (a Read Aloud selection for first grade this past fall), Purple, Green, and Yellow, and Murmel, Murmel, Murmel (which has been translated into baby-babble in many languages). He also wrote the amusingly vulgar Good Families Don't, which will get giggles out of any grade-school classroom and possibly a challenge from oversensitive citizens who don't think farts are funny, and the classic bedtime story Love You Forever, which I still (after many years of reading it to family members, babysitting charges, and preschool kids, with my own tune to the song) can't decide if I like. (You can hear Munsch's version sung aloud at the website!) I don't know, however, about his nasal hygiene and/or manners. I rather suspect that if one of his children had picked her nose, we'd have a book about it. You could always ask him. (And maybe I will!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be civil to other commenters.