Friday, March 16, 2012

Halfway there!






So I'm at midterms, almost -- halfway through my second semester in the MLIS program. And my grad school savings are also at a midpoint: juuuust over 50% to my estimated total for repaying my student loans. (The number may fluctuate a bit, depending on whether I include what I pay for summer terms.)

The amount I have now includes the pre-saving I did between applying to grad school and beginning the first semester. It also includes a chunk from savings bonds that my grandmother gave to me as a child. I've been working toward steadily growing the balance, through regular automatic transfers from my paycheck and through snowflaking "extra" money. And it feels great to acknowledge that I'm halfway there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be civil to other commenters.