Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Spring Semester Courses

After Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, I'll start my final semester of graduate school. Here's the lineup!




LIBR 285 Research Methods (Youth Programs)
This is a required course for all MLIS students, and several revolving topics are offered -- from Archives to School Library Media. Usually it's taken in the first year; I waited until this topic came around. It should fit in very well with my internship!

LIBR 294 Internship - Chicago Public Library
CPL is taking on SJSU virtual interns for the first time, and I'm very excited to be one of them. I'll be researching topics related to their youth summer reading program, which is nationally recognized and super-important for any children's department.

LIBR 295 e-Portfolio
This is the written culmination of my graduate work -- a little like a thesis, but with several shorter segments that represent my understanding of the SLIS Core Competencies, plus examples of my assignments to back it up. I understand it will take up quite a large amount of time, but I am looking forward to the writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be civil to other commenters.