Saturday, December 1, 2012

Goals check-in: November

Read 100 books in 2012.
This month I re-read quite a few books, without time to go to the library. A nice chorister handed me a couple of books he'd finished, and I devoured those even though I wouldn't have chosen them for myself. The list is up to #111

Exercise for 
90 minutes per week.

Still just a lump in front of the computer. I am so looking forward to winter break.

Get rid of (sell, donate, recycle) 80 items from the house by the end of the year.
Many wedding items need to go; we also took a few things to a friend's clothing swap (but ended up taking home more!).

Write 
70 posts for this blog in 2012.

8 new posts this month, for a running total of 166. I'm finding a little more inspiration, but not a lot of extra time to blog.

Volunteer 60 hours in 2012.
This did not happen, and it makes me a little sad and guilty.

Save or donate 50 percent of my take-home income.
In November, I saved 57.4%  and donated 12% of my net income. (I'm counting the cash I applied to the accounts, not any interest earned.)
Here's how it broke down:
Emergency Savings: 23.5% 
House Fund: 0% On hold for now.
Grad School: 29.4% Amazon sales keep drifting in, and I had some cash-back rewards.
Roth IRA: 4.5% 
401(k): taken from paycheck; 5% of gross income; not counted in this total
HSA and medical FSA: taken from paycheck; not counted in this total. (FSA saving is complete for the year -- now I have to spend it!)
Investments: 0%
Church Pledge: 8.9%
Other Donations: 3.1% Emergency cat care and other worthy causes.

:P

Distribute 40 business cards by the end of the year.
Nope!

Spend 30 days without a phone or computer in 2012.
I had a surprise 6 days off because I left my phone at a friend's house over the Thanksgiving break and between our conflicting schedules it was a PITA to get it back. Oops! But that totals 4 days with no phone OR computer, and 10 more days with no phone. I'm probably not going to complete this goal by the end of the year... but I have become more conscious about when and why I use my tech.

Be able to do 20 pushups at once by the end of the year.
Still abandoned. 

Write 10 recommendations on LinkedIn in 2012.
Nuh-uh. A couple of excellent coworkers have moved on, but they have people in better working positions with them than I who are falling over themselves to write recs. So yay for them!


Bonus:

Don't eat out. DONE!
Not a single meal bought from a restaurant this month. (Although a friend did treat us to a take-out burger.) It meant that I had to think ahead more than usual, and we missed out on a few treats, but those will still be there when we have more disposable income.

Catch up with school. ON TRACK
As of this week, yes! I got my assignments caught up over Thanksgiving break, and I made contact with my final project group again for one class, and I am on track to finish everything up by December 10th.

Sort through wedding stuff. NOPE.
With the sweetie's new job and the increase in housework, this has not been happening. I'm not happy that we can't have people over, and I wouldn't mind a little extra cash to go with the extra space we really need in the tiny apartment. But there has not been a sufficient amount of time to match my inclination to clean/tidy/purge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be civil to other commenters.