Saturday, April 28, 2012

May Bonus Round

In addition to my goals for 2012 (which I will report progress on Monday), I add month-long bonus goals.


For May: 


Go Meatless!
We're switching to ovo-lacto vegetarianism for 31 days (and the Meatless Monday immediately preceding). In addition to increasing our intake of fresh fruits and veggies, I hope it will inspire some problem-solving, meal-planning, and general flexibility and innovation surrounding food.


Take a mini-vacation.
I am looking forward to the end of the semester. Even though I'll still be working 40 hours a week, I have scheduled the 2 weekends following finals off from church. AND I've scheduled a long weekend for Mothers' Day so I can write the last of my big project for LIBR 268, visit my parents, do some wedding thrifting, and get some REST. Oh, and do our "engagement" photo shoot.


Sort out checking and credit accounts.
I recently opened a new checking account in which to keep the funds that will pay the credit card bill. (They come from a couple of sources, like wedding savings.) It's going to take a cycle or two to get everything under control and actually be paying my credit card charges from cash I have on hand, not from the upcoming paycheck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be civil to other commenters.