Thursday, November 22, 2012

Truly Grateful



As many of us in the U.S. are sitting around the Thanksgiving table with loved ones tonight, I get to spend more time thinking about all the things in my life for which I am thankful.




  • My two kitties, and especially the return of the prodigal Olivia in March.
  • Stable housing for the last two years.
  • Stable employment over the last five years.
  • Virtual coursework for distance learning.
  • Hulu and Netflix to keep me amused and distracted.
  • A lack of consumer debt.
  • Having my little sister back in the country to tease by IM and text.
  • Progress in the marriage equality movement, especially during this last election. (I'm crossing my fingers for the Supreme Court's decision on whether to hear Hollingsworth v. Perry at the end of November.)
  • The month-long increase in pumpkin pie availability.
  • A partner who supports me in the craziness of life -- whether that includes the combination of work and grad school, interpersonal conflict, or trying new things -- and has my back when I step outside my comfort zone.


I hope that everyone is safe and happy tonight, and has enough turkey and trimmings to smooth over any sore feelings. I shall leave you with a blessing that's been stuck in my head for a couple of days:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be civil to other commenters.