Tuesday, April 30, 2024

TBR List Update: April

       

I'm working my way through #VirtualMountTBR2024. Here's my current To-Be-Read List, and here's the list of titles I have read this year.

In April 2024

Books read: 9

It was my birthday month, and I had some protected time alone to read. But then I got sick at the end of the month and didn't get to read ANYTHING. It balanced out.

Books I decided NOT to finish: 1

Appalachian Reckoning: I put this on my list at the same time as Hillbilly Elegy, because I wanted to get a rounded perspective of the issues raised. However, I didn't find myself fully believing or supporting the author of the memoir, so when reading the response was slow-going, I eventually decided to pitch it.

Life Undercover

Books left on the TBR List: 65

Best book of the month: 
The Wishing Game

Wish fulfilment in so many ways!! I sobbed over this book. It's published for grownups. There is darkness in it -- and confrontation of the darkness. And yet I would hand it to a middle-schooler without hesitation. There is so much hope. I can see why there was a waiting list.

Worst book of the month: How Can I Help You

So... nothing HAPPENED in this mystery about murderous librarians. I did not care about the fate of either of the main characters, and the anticlimactic ending ground my gears. Also, I'm annoyed about the lack of punctuation in the title.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be civil to other commenters.