Monday, September 30, 2024

TBR List Update: September

           

I'm working my way through #VirtualMountTBR2024. Here's my current To-Be-Read List, and here's the list of titles I have read this year.

In September 2024

Books read: 3

Books I decided NOT to finish: 4

When the Angels Left the Old Country: I started this before going on sabbatical, and found my interest in demons and dybbuks and demonstrations at sweatshops waned.

Delicious Foods: Maybe it was the "daring and shape-shifting prose" (as advertised in the jacket copy) , but when I was sorting through my pile, I decided to turn it in unread.

She Has Her Mother's Laugh: Science written for a popular audience -- which is fine, but I thought from the introduction that I'd be reading the author's personal experience with his family. It didn't make the back-to-work cut.

Cane River: This one WAS the author's family's story... and as interesting as it might be over a glass of sweet tea, it doesn't have the systemically crafted plot twists of a novel.

Life Undercover

Books left on the TBR List: 41

Best book of the month: An Unkindness of Ghosts

Space-age SF with social justice along multiple axes.

Worst book of the month:

They were all fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be civil to other commenters.